Friday 12 April 2013

New River Valley mall shooting: Shooter announced killing on message board?

New River Valley mall shooting: Shooter announced killing on message board?, On Friday, April 12, the New River Valley mall shooting in Virginia made news headlines on TV and the Internet, as viewers and online users were shocked to hear the details behind a shooting that injured two innocent people at a shopping mall.

And apparently, according to Gawker, the killer may have allegedly announced his shooting spree online minutes before carrying it out.

A mall shooting occurred on Friday, April 12, and now, authorities are trying to figure out why it was done and how it was planned. The Internet might be the answer for both questions, as it appears the gunman went onto a 4chan message board and announced the shooting in advance.

According to Gawker, here’s what the alleged killer wrote:

My name is neil Macinnis and I go to new river community college in Christiansburg Virgina. 10 minutes away from Virginia tech. I'm gonna give y'all the details because the news never gets it right.

Stevens 320 shotgun.
Buck shots and slugs

The person then went on to provide more details, such as the following.

I'm a bit nervous because I've never really handled a shotgun but a few times with the Christiansburg police. Anyways this is not a highscores game but actually a lesson (that's why I'm at school). I'm here at school writing this. Wish me luck. An heroing [suicide — Ed.] is not necessary unless I get fucked out the ass. It's pretty busy

The person who posted the message also provided a link to a profile showing their alleged picture, goading readers by saying asking “do you want to see what I look like?”

For more on the New River Valley mall shooting in Virginia, be sure to return to this column!

No comments:

Post a Comment