Wednesday 10 April 2013

Woman wins $40M, not $40K: And husband still snores like before

Woman wins $40M, not $40K: And husband still snores like before, A woman wins $40M, not $40K but her husband still snores the same way he did for the past 30 years. “’My husband snored like a pig,’ she said Monday, moments after receiving a poster-size version of the cheque. ‘I’m like, Can you stop snoring please?’ '[For] 30 years I’ve had to put up with him, I have to put up with him another 30 years’.” And with her down-to-earth attitude about life with $40M, 51-year-old Maria Carreiro, who won the Canadian $40M Lotto Max jackpot, did her little happy dance, added kisses into the air, and thanked the Lord, reported the National Post on April 8, 2013.

“Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord. I love you,” said Maria Carreiro while doing her happy dance during a news conference at the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission. “I’m not drunk, I’m not drunk,” laughed Maria.

Maria Carreiro loves to dance and dancing was her first reaction when she found out on Saturday morning that she had won $40K in the lottery.

And when she realized there were a few extra zeros, she danced and sang, “Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God,… I don’t know how many times I said it.”

Maria Carreiro, who is a mother of three and a grandmother of five, used to be a factory worker and then became a stay-at-home mom. After she discovered that she had won $40K in the lottery, she asked the store’s owner to check it because she couldn’t believe it. Since the store's owner couldn’t tell her, she said, “Never mind, I’ll go home.”

At home, Maria Carreiro told her daughter that she had won $40K. Maria’s daughter jumped off the bed, called her sister to share the news, ran upstairs, ran downstairs, and when she checked on the computer, she found her mother’s mistake. “ Mommy, You’re $40-million richer.”

“I’m like ‘No way, no way.' I run down the street [to the store] like a crazy woman and check the lottery ticket and it says $40-million and I go ‘Oh my God.’ … I run down the street [to the store] like a crazy woman and check the lottery ticket and it says $40-million and I go ‘Oh my God.’ And then I ran back up the street, back home and then I go, I need a glass of water. ‘Let me go sit down and relax’.”

When Maria called her husband to tell him the news, he, like most husbands, didn’t believe his wife until he saw the ticket with his own eyes. On Monday, he told his office's boss, “I quit.”

Maria Carreiro is planning to have a great dinner with her family at the Mandarin All-You-Can-Eat Buffet, maybe take a trip to Hawaii, and share her $40M, not $40K, lottery win with her five grandchildren, her three children, and with her husband -- even though $40M have not stopped him from snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment