Friday, 19 April 2013

One bombing suspect dead, suspect # 2 on run in Watertown, Mass

One bombing suspect dead, suspect # 2 on run in Watertown, Mass, One of the suspects, referred to as suspect # 1 in the Boston Marathon bombings, is dead. The other is at large in the Watertown, Massachusetts area, reports Fox News live on Friday morning, April 19, 2013. The campus of MIT was the starting point for an array of deadly and bizarre events overnight, with an explosion at MIT, an MIT police officer being shot and killed and a carjacking with a chase that ended in Watertown, which is 10 miles away from the Boston Marathon bombings.

According to Yahoo News on Friday, April 19, 2013, Watertown Mass. is a town on lockdown right now after the chase ended in this town from MIT, with one of the suspects of the Marathon bombings dead. The other suspect, referred to as suspect # 2, is still on the loose in the Watertown area. This is the suspect seen in the white hat in the FBI released pictures and video. which can be seen here. His picture also appears above and he is also the suspect seen leaving the bomb by the side of the road at the Boston Marathon. An intense manhunt is underway for a second suspect in this terror case.

Watertown residents are told to stay in their homes and not to answer the door to anyone except authorities that identify themselves with ID. Federal agents have swarmed into Watertown after local police were involved in a car chase and shootout with the two suspects, again starting at the MIT campus. Officers could be heard on police radio traffic describing the suspects as having grenades and other explosives during that car chase.

The duo abandoned the car in Watertown and took off on foot, this is when one reportedly escaped capture, and another was shot by police and taken to a local hospital, where he died. Right now police are looking in every nook and cranny in Watertown searching for the suspect who is at large.

The Watertown police held a press conference at about 4:20 a.m. "We believe this individual came here to kill people tonight" so it is urgent they find him said the police spokesperson. The press conference also confirmed that one police officer is dead and one is critically injured after the shoot-out with the two suspects on the MIT campus.

From there the two suspects carjacked a Mercedes and they threw explosives out of the car during the police chase. Authorities are in the process of picking up the explosive devices, some that had not exploded after being thrown form the hijacked vehicle they were driving. As of 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning, a 20 block radius is under lockdown in Watertown, where suspect #2 is on the loose.

New updates:

The suspect that was shot and killed has not died from his gunshot wounds, but from an explosive device that he is believed to have had on his person. It went off causing massivie injuries to his torso.

The two bombing suspects carjacked a Mercedes last night and kept the driver of the car with them. About a half-hour later they let the man go unharmed.

The MIT police officer was found shot in his vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment